The Georgia State University Foundation has played a critical role in the emergence of Georgia State University as a leading public research university. The foundation and its donors are important sources of operating, endowment and capital funds. Recent accomplishments of the foundation include:
Renovation of the Rialto complex and the construction of the Helen Aderhold Learning Center and the Parker H. Petit Science Center
Administration of more than 300 endowed scholarships and 160 endowed professorships and chairs
More than $20 million in funding for the university in fiscal year 2011
Over $86 million the past five years in funds raised on behalf of the university from alumni, friends, corporations and foundations
Asset management of more than $420 million, including $81 million in endowment funds at the end of fiscal year 2010
The foundation was chartered as a Georgia non-profit corporation in 1958 and is recognized by the University System of Georgia Board of Regents as a “cooperative organization” supporting Georgia State.
The foundation's board of trustees, a significant reservoir of leadership and talent, is composed of business and philanthropic leaders, both alumni and friends, from Georgia and across the nation.
The Georgia State University Foundation is a tax-exempt charity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Gifts to the foundation are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.