Georgia State University Library Special Collections and Archives
Annual Shero of the Year Event honoring Elaine Alexander and Judith Taylor
||Wednesday, November 20
5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
||100 Auburn Avenue
Atlanta, GA 30303
(100 Auburn has secure, onsite parking and is wheelchair accessible.)
Host Committee Levels
We invite you to join us in celebration of our dear friends Elaine Alexander and Judith Taylor, who who are being honored as the 2013 Sheroes of the Year by Georgia State University Library’s Women’s Collections. Elaine and Judith are two of the most generous and steadfast donors to GSU’s Women’s Collections. Honoring Elaine and Judith will help support the GSU Library Women’s Collections, which are dedicated to collecting, preserving, and making available the documentary heritage of women in Georgia and the South.
Suggested attendee contribution: $100.00
We cannot fulfill our mission without the generosity of our donors. To support the Women’s Collections, please donate to one of these funds:
• Anne Deeley Easterly Endowment - is an unrestricted fund that supports the acquisition, preservation and promotion of all collections relating to women.
• Donna Novak Coles Georgia Women's Movement Archives - is used to maintain and develop the Georgia Women's Movement Archives.
• Linda Hallenborg Kurtz Oral History Endowment Fund - supports the Georgia Women's Movement Oral History Project.
• Lucy H. Draper U.S. E.R.A. Research Collection Endowment - is used to purchase primary and secondary materials on national and local efforts to ratify the United State's Equal Rights Movement.
• Our Mothers' Fund - awards a stipend to graduate students to work with the Women's Collection Archivist in the Georgia Women's Movement Archives.
• Ethel Woodruff Draper Research Fellowship for the Development of Young Women Fund - is used to fund a graduate student research fellowship.
For further information, please contact Margaret Park Mathews, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-413-3487.