Georgia State University Library Special Collections and Archives
Annual Shero of the Year Event honoring Joyce Dunaway Parker and Alicia Philipp
Host Committee Levels
|| Powerful Pacesetters
|| Passionate Pioneers
|| Potent Persuaders
|| Proud Players
|| Persuasive Proponents
|| Pragmatic Planners
We invite you to join us in celebration of two outstanding women, Joyce Dunaway Parker and Alicia Philipp, who are being honored as the 2014 Sheroes of the Year by Georgia State University Library’s Women’s Collections. Honoring Joyce and Alicia will help support the GSU Library Women’s Collections, which are dedicated to collecting, preserving, and making available the documentary heritage of women in Georgia and the South.
Suggested attendee contribution: $100.00
We cannot fulfill our mission without the generosity of our donors. To support the Women’s Collections, please donate to one of these funds:
- Anne Deeley Easterly Endowment (02E76) - is an unrestricted fund that supports the acquisition, preservation and promotion of all collections relating to women.
- Donna Novak Coles Georgia Women's Movement Archives (02A075) – is used to maintain and develop the Georgia Women's Movement Archives.
- Ethel Woodruff Draper Research Fellowship for the Development of Young Women Fund (02931) - is used to fund a graduate student research fellowship.
- Linda Hallenborg Kurtz Oral History Endowment Fund (02C43) - supports the Georgia Women's Movement Oral History Project.
- Lucy H. Draper U.S. E.R.A. Research Collection Endowment (02A84) - is used to support the Lucy Hargrett Draper Collections on Women’s Rights, Advocacy and the Law. The collections document state and national efforts to achieve equality for women.
- Our Mothers' Fund (02B30) - awards a stipend to graduate students to work with the Women's Collection Archivist in the Georgia Women's Movement Archives.
- Shero of the Year Event Fund (020331) - is a fund that supports GSU’s Women’s Collections’ annual fundraising event. Donations to this fund help offset the cost of the event.
For further information, please contact Margaret Park Mathews, at email@example.com or 404-413-3487.